29 November 2010

Cooking apart together

My mom dressed us alike until the age of 8. If having identical twins wasn't enough for her...What was she thinking? It's already hard to tell who's who so let's create even more confusion. She probably enjoyed doing it.
But what about us? Sharing every birthday, sharing friends... Even my DNA I can't keep to myself. Enough with the twin thing, it's me, myself and I from now on! Viva Italia, viva uniqueness!
But even with 1000 km between us there's no escape: once twins always twins... I was skyping my sister saturday night and she was cooking the exact same dish I was preparing...in the exact same sweater I was wearing. Isn't that unique...Viva twin sisters!


Vongole
in Holland...










...and in Italy
Linguine con vongole

Ingredients
A big splash of olive oil extra vergine
1 pound dry linguine
4 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced very thinly
2 pounds clams (vongole veraci)
peperoncino flakes, to taste
half a glass dry white wine
3 tablespoons butter
2 handfuls fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
salt, to taste
black pepper, to taste
 

Preparation
Bring a large pot of salted water to boil and cook the pasta al dente. (Prepare the vongole while the pasta is cooking to ensure that the linguine will be hot and ready when the sauce is ready) Heat the olive oil over medium flame in a deep saute pan with a lid. Add the garlic and peperoncino; saute for 2 minutes. Add the clams and stir well. Add the wine, cover and shake the pan periodically, until all the clams are opened. Add the butter to thicken the sauce and season with salt and grounded pepper. Sprinkle 1 handful of parsley on the vongole.  Crank the flame up to medium-high heat. Add the drained linguine to the pan. Toss the pasta with the clams until coated nicely. Shower with parsley...e buon ape!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...