27 November 2010

Glitter like Hollywood

If you're looking for more sparkle this Christmas,  visit the island in December and see some real stars. On the 27th of December the 15th edition of Capri Hollywood starts, the mediterranean version of the Oscars so to speak. With less than 30 days to go, things are gearing up for this glamorous event. And actually, I'm looking forward to bumping into a few celebrities myself.
I remember my first Capri Hollywood experience... I was drinking my cappuccino at Bar Tiberio, minding my own business and seated at a table next to me there was Omar Sharif reading the New York Times... minding his business I guess. That evening we went to one of the movie nights where I had the pleasure to meet Bud Spencer.  Neither of them young hot Hollywood stars but for me personally they are two important movie icons from my childhood... I'm not at all ashamed to admit that I loved the fake fights of Bud & Terence :)...
And who doesn't remember Omar Sharif aka Doctor Zhivago aka Laurence of Arabia, once one of Hollywood's most dashing men? Some men never lose their charm don't they...
Another year, at another movie night, we bumped into David Carradine, the actor behind Bill in Tarantino’s “Kill Bill”. Francesco, who was seated next to him, couldn’t resist and said “Hey Bill, you’re still alive!”... I just wanted to crawl under my chair. But the cheesy remark made "Bill" actually laugh. Unfortunately Carradine passed away a couple of years ago.
Then there were Samuel L. Jackson, Mariah, Fay Dunaway, Danny Glover and the list goes on...
My sister never forgets that day she was taking the bus to Marina Grande, leaving the island after a brief visit.  She thought she was hallucinating when she saw Keanu Reeves sitting in an open taxi, as cool and gorgeous as on the big screen. Probably he just arrived to visit his sister, who lives in Anacapri nearby the Grotta Azzura. Unfortunately the busdriver ignored her pushing the stop button like a crazy woman, and took off. I guess you missed the bus honey...


Samuel L Jackson 
& Danny Glover
Capri Hollywood 2009

2 comments:

  1. Wat ku je leuk schrijven zeg. Dus jij woont op capriolen en daar is het binnenkortnte doen? Hoteltips

    ReplyDelete
  2. Op Capri inderdaad. Nou part time woon ik er, ook in Milaan. En inderdaad, daar is 't eigenlijk altijd wel te doen. Ik zal binnenkort wat hoteltips op FB zettten.

    Groetjes

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...